If you are lucky enough to own a house with a swimming pool in it, Use these some of the maintenance tips for keeping your pool sparkling clean and refreshing, and ready for anyone to use.
The key to this is to keep up with it. This will help you from making mistakes that could cost you a lot of money. Routine pool maintenance helps to prevent frustration and minimizes the need to make emergency runs to the pool. If you are too busy, you could hire somebody to do the work for you.
By doing some Preventative maintenance, just like you would do on your home, here are some tips that will hopefully help you.
Some Tips to Take Care of Your Pool:
Clean Out Skimmer Basket(s) Weekly:
A pool skimmer helps to clean by skimming water and capturing floating debris. There is skimmer installed on the side of the pool, and its primary job is to skim the surface of the pool, and contaminants become saturated and float down to the bottom of the pool.
Clean the Lint Pot present in the Pool Pump:
You supposed to do this every couple of weeks or so, as needed. Turn off the pump so that you don’t have a problem and release pressure on the system. The lint pot is a basket installed just inside the clear glass of your pool pump. Or, you can even clean the debris catcher. A leaf trapper and a debris removal system are recommended.
Check Your Water Level:
Is it too high or too low? Your water needs to be right at the right level, maybe 1inch lesser than the ground, for optimal results and performance. If the water is low, it can make the pump dry and burn it, or When the water is very high, the skimmer door will not work properly. That door keeps the debris in the skimmer.
Check the Chlorine Generator or opt for the alternative Salt System:
If you have a salt system, salt pool, or what some call a non-chlorine pool, then these tips are for you. A chlorine generator produces chlorine for your pool, you do not have to buy it.
This generator comes at a cost and has some inherent risks. The cell must be kept in a clean place. Your pool chemistry becomes even more complicated for its proper function. Salt systems artificially push pH up, making use of more acid.
- Hire an Expert
It is good to have an expert instead of self-work. Experts like Aqua Group Pool Cleaning Experts have proper knowledge of pool cleaning and pool repair services. Visit Aqua Group and hire the experts.
What to focus on when looking after a pool?
There are some things we should take a record of which let us know if there is an issue with your pool.
- Are the pool’s sidewalls weak?
- Is the in-floor cleaning working correctly? Your pool should be free of all the dirt and debris.
- Is your pool water crystal clear water clarity in your pool, Is the sun reflecting in your pool?
- Is the drain at the bottom blocked?
- Is your hose cleaner moving smoothly as it should be moving?
- Is your pool water smelling?
Bonus Tips to take care of Your Pool:
- If you can spot any cracks around your pool. Do not allow the water particles to pass through this crack or joint instead of drain the water. Do not fill it again until it is repaired because as time passes, it can create even bigger problems that can be hard to repair.
- Keep plants, animals, chemicals, and fertilizers out an away from the swimming pool. Do not let any food particles fall into the water and do not let small children go near the water when nobody is monitoring; build gates or any protective barriers to keep your animals and most probably children away from the pool! There should be some distance between the pool and the gate, not in. They should have some new technology installed, such as self-closing, self-locking, or self-latching mechanisms, so that it is easy to use. Swimming pool safety is our prime concern.
- The temperature of the pool has an effect on your swimming pool chemistry. During summer, we need to pay more attention to the water chemistry and the clarity of the swimming pool water. It should be clean and clear always.