How to Open Outlook Data File OST in Outlook 2016?
This blog will talk about how to open the Outlook data file OST in Outlook 2016. Furthermore, I explain the different solutions for exporting OST files to Outlook PST file format. If you are searching for a solution to migrate OST data file to PST file format, this blog post will surely help you.
What Are the Reasons to Move OST Data File to PST?
There are various reasons for organizations to convert OST to PST, the storage files stop working, and the user cannot move their emails. Some of the common are:
- MS Outlook PST file format is easy to port from one machine to another machine.
- Operators cannot join Exchange Server breakdown, any virus attack, system failure, and inability to come online.
- In the cases of Backup, Exchange Server safety, PST files afford you to ease access to the data.
- Free OST to PST Converter provides you backup for the condition if your account gets deleted or any sudden data loss.
How to Open Outlook Data File OST in Outlook 2016 Manually?
Many organizations are looking for a suitable solution to open Outlook data file OST in Outlook 2016. For this task, there are two ways available. The first is the manual method, and the second is a professional third-party method.
Part 1. Using Import and Export Feature
- Open the MS Outlook email program and click on the File menu.
- Then choose the “Import and Export” option.
- The next window screen opens. Press “Export to a file” and then “Next.”
- After that, select the Outlook data file (.PST) and hit on the Next button.
- Now choose the mailbox folder to export from. You can take to include subfolders.
- Press the browse button and select the location where the user needs to save the PST file.
- After that, click on the Finish button to complete the process.
Note: Through Import and Export, users must have an Exchange Server connection, and MS Outlook installed on the local machine.
Part 2. Archive Feature
- Run MS Outlook and go to open File and then Archive
- Then choose the file/folder to archive and Browse the address to save the archived File.
- Now, hit on the Finish option.
- Note: Using the Archive feature, you can convert all OST data apart from the contacts.
Part 3. Drag and Drop
- In this method, convert mailbox items of the OST file to a new PST file.
- Open MS Outlook application
- Then generate a new PST file in your Outlook Profile
Now above explained three free manual methods to export OST to PST files are free method any once need to migrate OST to PST file format. But, manual solutions are not suggested because it takes a lot of time and effort to perform the manual methods. So, it is always suggested to go with third-party OST Converter software for those users who cannot take any risks with their OST data files.
Why Prefer OST to PST Converter Software?
The tool gives many excellent and helpful features for users to perform the conversion process accurately without any problem.
- Provide an easy guide to export data from OST to PST
- Export OST file into Outlook PST with no limitation of file size
- Supports batch conversion from OST to PST at once
- Provide date filter option to migrate data of specified date range
- Preview facility to check OST files before conversion in PST format
- Well-suited with all Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) OS platforms
- Supportable by all latest & earlier MS Outlook versions
- Capable of converting all items from the OST folder to PST
Recommended – Download Free Demo Version of Software
To try the full working of OST to PST Converter software, it offers you a free demo edition that allows you to understand “how to open Outlook data file OST in Outlook 2016?” With the help of the software, you can migrate the first 25 items from OST file to PST file format without any cost. However, if you need to export batch items from the OST data file to the PST file, you need to get its license version.