Dab Pen vs. Vape Pens
You can learn about a variety of pens that you can use to ingest cannabis, CBD, and other substances when beginning your journey in the vaping world.
Vape pens and dab pens –what is the difference between these items, and what are the specifications for use? Here are the nuances between vape pens pins and dab or wax pens you need to learn.
What is Dab Pen?
Dab pens are tools used only for dabs by consumers. Dabs are small THC concentrates, which produce more intense effects than the traditional inhalation of cannabis.
Dab pens use similar components and work the same way as vape pens. The dab is placed on the pen’s coils, which heat and melt the dab on a wick.
The wick soaks up the liquid and heats it further into a vapor that is inhalable.
Cannabis lovers sometimes refer to dab pens as wax pens.
Although these devices are similar because they use concentrates of THC, no oil or liquids, dab concentrates can only be used with dab pens. Dab concentrates cannot be used with wax pens.
What is a Vape Pen?
These are particular types of vaporizers designed to take oils and distillates exclusively.
These liquids are pre-filled in disposable cartridges and heated with a coil from below more like dab pens.
Vape pens have four essential parts:
- The atomizer that transforms the juice or oil into a vapor
- A tank that contains juice or oil
- A battery that drives the device
- Sensors that regulate vapor strength, atomizer, voltage, and other mechanisms
Whenever you inhale from a vape pen, you suck the vape juice or oil into the atomizer, which transforms the liquid into vapor using heat. You inhale the vapor from your mouth to feel the effects.
Similarities between Dab Pens and Vape Pens
There are a few key similarities between dab pens and vape pens
- Vape and dab pens are very portable. They are typically small, elegant, and easy to carry. You can tuck them away safely. You may sometimes buy a carrying case for on-the-go use.
- Both devices are straightforward to use. You will use the pens by pressing a button and inhaling it depending on the make and model. However, Dab pens have a more complicated process.
- Dab and vape pens are incredibly discreet as well. You can carry them easily in a purse, backpack, or pocket and enjoy a vape quickly and at all times.
- Vape and dab pens also have safety temperature control features. In many types, you can pick the temperature at which your device operates run.
- All the devices have the same batteries and storage units. The consumption of oil and wax typically uses the same amount of battery energy.
- Prices are relatively similar for dab pens and vape pens. Most of the time, the value between $50 and $100 can be fairly decent. If you spend less, you are more likely to experience performance issues, poor durability, lack of temperature control, and other common problems people who by cheap pens face.
Differences between Dab Pens and Vape Pens
Before investing in a pen, you should know a few key differences between these two devices.
- Dab pens use concentrate and dabs, while vape pens use oil or liquid.
- You load the oil cartridge into the device for use in the vape pens. For dab pens, you will load a coil with small amounts of dab concentrates or wax.
- When loaded by hand, Dab pens can be quite messy. For greater convenience and less mess, Vape pens use pre-filled cartridges.
- Dab pens use higher temperatures (350-400 degrees Fahrenheit) than vape pens (315-385degrees Fahrenheit).
Vape Pens or Dab Pens? – The final verdict
Both smoking devices offer their benefits. Vape pens are easier to replenish and clean, so people who are always on the move find them convenient.
They are also slightly more potent. Dab pens, however, are much more versatile with regard to the types of concentrates you can use, and in our view, they are also much less risky.
Lastly, dab pens are also a little more relaxed in terms of smoking experience and typically provide more control over temperatures.
So we have to give Best CBD Vape the upper hand to be more versatile and smoother overall, with so many parallels between both of them.
Are you prepared to buy your first vape pen?
Check Drdabber vaporizers and browse through our range of high-quality and reliable vape products and shop today.